Thursday, March 6

Snow!

I love snow! I love watching it fall from the sky! I find it very magical and enchanting to see snowflakes outside. I'm not a skiier, or a snowboarder, I just like snow. I like it much better than rain, which I'm sure we'll be getting lots of this spring. There's no snow puddles, and snow doesn't make you drenched when you're outside for 2 minutes.

Lately we have been getting a lot of snow and it seems that everyone is frustrated and sick of it. I don't think we'll beat the record snowfall in one season (which currently stands at about 444cm from 1971) but we are pretty close. After last night's snowfall, we are now at about 358cm, which is now 2nd place.

It's been forecasted that we are to be hit with another big storm all the way from Texas and some meteorologists are predicting that we could get 50cm of more snow in a 36-48hr time period.

It must be pretty chaotic being someone that works in the snow plowing business, or who works for a major city as they have no time to rest before the next snowfall comes in, yet again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, freshly fallen snow is pretty. I hear that you all have been living in a super winter wonderland all season. Have you gone skiing or tobagganning this year?

Cheryl said...

I'm not big on skiing, but I did take a fall the other day, where unfortunately I got a cut on my forehead. It's nice to see that you have tulips blooming where you are!